[Xenomai] [patch] Raspberry Pi - 3.10.34

Paul paul_c at tuxcnc.org
Wed Apr 2 20:10:06 CEST 2014

On Wednesday 02 April 2014, Gregory Dymarek wrote:
> Well, have you looked inside it?

Yes, which is why I said "don't patch a patch".

> it consists of 3 items:
> 1) local_fiq_enable/disable fix
>     - from previous discussions it was obvious this should be in the
> ipipe-core patch
>     - it is not raspberry pi specific

Not RPi specific, but would be in post-patch.

> 2) clockchips.h fix
>     - a systemic change to linux-kernel breaks this
>     - it is not raspberry pi specific

You have a couple of nugatory lines - White space changes perhaps ?
The main thrust appears to be the addition of struct module to
clock_event_device. IF that is the only change, then post-patch or
pre-patch if it prevents ipipe-core from applying cleanly.

> 3) PAGE_SIZE vs FIRST_USER_ADDRESS
>    - this looks like a conflict between vanilla kernel and raspberry
> pi kernel that rejects the original ipipe patch

pre-patch to revert the conflict and then post-patch to update as long
as it doesn't introduce any bugs in the affected routine.