[Xenomai] OMAP L138

Peter Howard pjh at northern-ridge.com.au
Thu Apr 3 00:37:26 CEST 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-02 at 09:24 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> On 04/02/2014 04:59 AM, Peter Howard wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm interested in running xenomai on a TI-OMAP L138 board.  I found the
> > following thread in the archives:
> >
> > http://www.xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2010-January/018898.html
> >
> > where someone was working on porting ipipe and xenomai to that board.
> > However, the thread ended with problems still unresolved, and the patch
> > in the thread (just the changes for ipipe) isn't in the ipipe
> > repository.
> >
> > Does anyone know if this work was completed or just faded into the
> > ether?
>
> We never merged a patch for this processor. And a lot of things changed
> since that time. If you are interested in porting the I-pipe patch to
> this processor, see:
>
> http://www.xenomai.org/index.php/I-pipe-core:ArmPorting

Thanks for that.  A further question - the latest "official" kernel for
that board is 3.3.  Looking through the ipip git repo I can trace back
against mainline to 3.8, but no further.  Did work in the git repo
(re-)start then?  Or am I missing things?

Thanks,

--
Peter Howard <pjh at northern-ridge.com.au>