[Xenomai] EINTR in notifier.c (mercury)

Matthias Schneider ma30002000 at yahoo.de
Sun Apr 6 13:11:42 CEST 2014

> On Monday, March 31, 2014 7:50 PM, Gilles Chanteperdrix <gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org> wrote:

> > On 03/31/2014 03:18 PM, Philippe Gerum wrote:

>>>  You can probably avoid testing for EINTR if all signal handlers are
>>>  registered with the SA_RESTART flag.
>>>

>>  The app may not explicitly care for signals (granted, most would do, but
>>  we would then have to assume they do it right).
>>

> Yes, applications may want to use signals to interrupt a call to read
> and voluntarily get EINTR anyway.
>                         Gilles.

Please find attached a third version of my patch dealing with
EINTR syscalls. Note that I also stumbled over unexpected behavior
in threadobj_sleep and cancel_sync due to EINTRs. Considering that
mercury is using signals for user-space round-robin and thread
suspension, even without any application signals EINTR happens
quite often.