[Xenomai] Command line freeze during xeno-regression-test on omap4460

Andreas Glatz andi.glatz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 18:02:05 CEST 2014

On 6 Apr 2014, at 16:54, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:

> On 04/06/2014 01:21 PM, Andreas Glatz wrote:
>> First i mounted tmpfs on /tmp so I don't wear out the SD card too
>> much:
>> mount -t tmpfs -osize=192M tmpfs /tmp
>>
>> Then I used the following line to start the test (substitute MYTEST
>> below with the following line):
>> /usr/lib/xenomai/testsuite/dohell -m /tmp -l /opt/ltp
>>
>> Note: I always monitored the test over wifi with 'top' so I also had
>> some network load...
>>
>> I got the following results with the 3.10.34 kernel, which includes
>> everything up to the current ipipe-3.10 tag (it also included the
>> patch you mentioned):
>>
>> - xeno-regression-test "MYTEST" -> FAIL if booted from SD card (see
>> description above); OK if booted from ext USB HD _AND_ no mmc
>> partitions mounted
>> - CONFIG_IPIPE && CONFIG_XENOMAI && MYTEST -> FAIL (got status LED 2
>> constantly on as described above)
>> - CONFIG_IPIPE && MYTEST -> OK (see attached config file and ltp test
>> log)
>
> Of course, I assume you used the exact same kernel configuration, the
> only difference being CONFIG_XENOMAI in the two cases, right?

Yes! I just went into menuconfig and disabled CONFIG_XENOMAI, rebuilt
it, installed it and rebooted. I'm now recompiling the kernel with the
last config I sent you and the changes I attached (i got all those
changes after enabling CONFIG_XENOMAI and your CONFIG_* changes with
make menuconfig). After everything is built, I'll install it and
repeat running 'MYTEST' without 'xeno-regression-test'.

A.