[Xenomai] patch for 3.14 kernel ?

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Mon Apr 7 14:50:56 CEST 2014

On 04/07/2014 02:21 PM, Huub Van Niekerk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After struggling with the 3.10.18 kernel on armhf (both with and
> without the patch), I tried the 3.14 kernel and to my delight some
> issues are solved: the clock runs fine again, roscore and top work
> great, while they kept failing on 3.10.18.

I would say you have a timer issue, or perhaps the same issue with
SD-card as Andreas. Have you tried turning off the options I said Adreas
to disable yesterday? (dynamic ticks and high res timers)?

When the system is stuck, do you still see the timer interrupt count
incrementing in /proc/interrupts? Same question for the MMC interrupts.

Since you are the one having the issue, you will have to do the
investigation. If you do not do that, do not expect the issue to
magically go away.

> So my question is if (or
> when) there will be a patch for the 3.14 kernel line ?

I work for the I-pipe patch for the ARM architecture on my free time.
So, I do things when I want to, without any deadline, and certainly not
under pressure.