[Xenomai] OMAP L138

Peter Howard pjh at northern-ridge.com.au
Tue Apr 8 04:37:52 CEST 2014

On Mon, 2014-04-07 at 11:53 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> On 04/07/2014 07:34 AM, Peter Howard wrote:

> >> We never merged a patch for this processor. And a lot of things changed
> >> since that time. If you are interested in porting the I-pipe patch to
> >> this processor, see:
> >>
> >> http://www.xenomai.org/index.php/I-pipe-core:ArmPorting
> >>

> > Contrary to what I said last week, I'm working on a patch off the head
> > of the ipipe repo.  I have built a kernel with an ipipe port and with
> > xenomai patched in.  However the latency results are bad right now:
>
> Well, in that case enable the I-pipe tracer, and run latency with the -f
> option to know why.

I turned the tracing on and . . . start getting kernel panics from a
NULL pointer dereference.  If I have tracing on from boot it dies
shortly after getting to the login prompt.  If I disable it at boot, I
start getting ext-3 errors as soon as I enable it (losing the ability to
read the filesystem at all), then get the panic a few seconds later.  I
get an I-pipe tracer log along with the panic, but aren't really sure
how to interpret it in this context.   In all cases the failure appears
to be in the context of __ipipe_trace():

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000004
pgd = c73e8000, hw pgd = c73e8000
[00000004] *pgd=c72a3831, *pte=00000000, *ppte=00000000
Internal error: Oops: 817 [#1] PREEMPT ARM
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0 PID: 2307 Comm: run-parts Not tainted 3.10.0-ipipe-00165-g9a2c8c8-dirty 5
task: c70ef800 ti: c737a000 task.ti: c737a000
PC is at get_page_from_freelist+0x164/0x750
LR is at __ipipe_trace+0xa8/0x5b8

I'm going to keep digging to see if I can work out what the actual
failure is, but any suggestions would be appreciated.  (I can provide
full dump and following trace log if it would be useful)

--
Peter Howard <pjh at northern-ridge.com.au>