[Xenomai] arm imx6 and hardware FPU

Paolo Minazzi Paolo.Minazzi at mitrol.it
Fri Apr 11 13:44:59 CEST 2014

Hi to all,
I'm trying to test my imx6 with xenomai 2.6.3.
I use the linaro cross-compiler that uses the hardware floating point.

I made a simple floating point test.

If I use two non-realtime user-space tasks the test works OK and I have
no errors in calculations.
This means that compiler and hardware works well.

But I I use two realtime user-space tasks I have errors in calculations.
Real-time tasks are created with rt_task_create(&demo, "demo", 0, 99,
T_FPU);

This is my kernel config
#
# Machine
#
CONFIG_IPIPE_WANT_PREEMPTIBLE_SWITCH=y
CONFIG_IPIPE_WANT_ACTIVE_MM=y
CONFIG_XENO_HW_FPU=y
CONFIG_XENO_HW_UNLOCKED_SWITCH=y
#
# At least one emulation must be selected
#
CONFIG_VFP=y
CONFIG_VFPv3=y
CONFIG_NEON=y
CONFIG_VFP_3_2_BACKPORT=y

Is it possible to use ***hardware floating point*** with realtime
user-space tasks ?

Regards,
Paolo Minazzi