[Xenomai] non-blocking rt_task_suspend(NULL)

Petr Cervenka grugh at centrum.cz
Tue Apr 15 14:42:47 CEST 2014

Hello I have a problem with the rt_task_suspend(NULL) call.
I'm using it for synchronization of two (producer / consumer like) tasks.
1) When the consumer task has no work to do, it stops itself by calling of the rt_task_suspend(NULL).
2) When the producer creates new work for consumer, it wakes it up by calling of rt_task_resume(&consumerTask).
The problem is, that consumer seldom switches to a state, that it sleeps by rt_task_suspend no more. And the task then takes all the CPU time.
The return code is 0. But I already have seen couple of -4 (-EINTR) values in the past also.
Consumer task status was 00300380 before and 00300184 (if there is small safety sleep present).
I can use for example RT_EVENT variable instead, but I'm curious if you by chance don't know, what is happening?
Xenomai 2.6.3, Linux 3.5.7

Petr Cervenka