[Xenomai] Pre/Post patches

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Mon Apr 21 21:24:11 CEST 2014

On 4/19/2014 1:02 PM, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:

> I am currently validating the I-pipe patch for Linux 3.14 on armv4 and
> armv5, but it should already work for armv6 and armv7 processors, it is
> available as a branch for-ipipe-3.14.0 in ipipe-gch git. Could you have
> a look at it on BeagleBone, Raspberry and Zynq? For the SOCs supported
> by mainline, please simply send patches to the for-ipipe-3.14.0 branch.

I'm still working on building a kernel for the BeagleBone Black.

I tried the standard method of generating the ipipe patch and applying
it to the BeagleBone patched kernel source.  The first problem I
encountered was an unknown architecture error for the
net/ethernet/cadence/at91_ether.c driver.  I edited the genpatches.sh
script and forced this to x86 (since I'm pretty sure I don't need this
driver for the BeagleBone).  Note the patch set for the 3.14 BeagleBone
kernel is mostly device-tree changes and about four fairly simple
back-ported fixes.

The next problem comes when building the kernel, I get an undefined
warning from the raid456.ko module (see below).  I'll keep plugging
away, but any advice would be appreciated.

Kernel build error:
  <snip>
  Building modules, stage 2.
  OBJCOPY arch/arm/boot/Image
  Kernel: arch/arm/boot/Image is ready
  AS      arch/arm/boot/compressed/head.o
  XZKERN  arch/arm/boot/compressed/piggy.xzkern
  CC      arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.o
  CC      arch/arm/boot/compressed/decompress.o
  CC      arch/arm/boot/compressed/string.o
  AS      arch/arm/boot/compressed/hyp-stub.o
  AS      arch/arm/boot/compressed/lib1funcs.o
  MODPOST 1950 modules
ERROR: "__bad_lock_type" [drivers/md/raid456.ko] undefined!
make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
make: *** [modules] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  AS      arch/arm/boot/compressed/piggy.xzkern.o
  LD      arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux
  OBJCOPY arch/arm/boot/zImage
  Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
charles at cubox:~/linux-dev-3.14$

--