[Xenomai] Pre/Post patches

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Mon Apr 21 21:33:35 CEST 2014

On 04/21/2014 09:24 PM, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
> On 4/19/2014 1:02 PM, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>>
>> I am currently validating the I-pipe patch for Linux 3.14 on armv4 and
>> armv5, but it should already work for armv6 and armv7 processors, it is
>> available as a branch for-ipipe-3.14.0 in ipipe-gch git. Could you have
>> a look at it on BeagleBone, Raspberry and Zynq? For the SOCs supported
>> by mainline, please simply send patches to the for-ipipe-3.14.0 branch.
>
> I'm still working on building a kernel for the BeagleBone Black.
>
> I tried the standard method of generating the ipipe patch and applying
> it to the BeagleBone patched kernel source.  The first problem I
> encountered was an unknown architecture error for the
> net/ethernet/cadence/at91_ether.c driver.  I edited the genpatches.sh
> script and forced this to x86 (since I'm pretty sure I don't need this
> driver for the BeagleBone).

Well, at91 are arms, will fix.

> Note the patch set for the 3.14 BeagleBone
> kernel is mostly device-tree changes and about four fairly simple
> back-ported fixes.
>
> The next problem comes when building the kernel, I get an undefined
> warning from the raid456.ko module (see below).  I'll keep plugging
> away, but any advice would be appreciated.

probably something wrong with the configuration. Why do you need raid 4,
5, 6 anyway? In a first step, you should work with a standard
configuraiton, such as omap2plus_defconfig, or better, if you have it,
with a minimal configuration suited for your board, which will avoid:

> (...)
>   MODPOST 1950 modules

and build a kernel in just a few minutes.