[Xenomai] Pre/Post patches

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Mon Apr 21 23:08:02 CEST 2014

On 04/21/2014 09:39 PM, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
> On 4/21/2014 2:33 PM, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> On 04/21/2014 09:24 PM, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
>>>>
>>> The next problem comes when building the kernel, I get an
>>> undefined warning from the raid456.ko module (see below).  I'll
>>> keep plugging away, but any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>> probably something wrong with the configuration. Why do you need
>> raid 4, 5, 6 anyway?
>
> I don't, of course, it's just what the config from RCN's build
> scripts has setup for by default.
>
>> In a first step, you should work with a standard configuraiton,
>> such as omap2plus_defconfig, or better, if you have it, with a
>> minimal configuration suited for your board, which will avoid:
>>
>>> (...) MODPOST 1950 modules
>>
>> and build a kernel in just a few minutes.
>
> As mentioned, I'm still plugging along, and mostly learning as I
> go.
>
> Thanks for the breadcrumbs!  :)

Our users have evolved. Somewhere along the road, Linux users stopped
being used to configuring their kernel, and we did not notice. I hope
to be able to propose something soon to help this situation.

Anyway, start with an unpatched kernel, tune the configuration until
you get a kernel which compiles and runs.

Then merge with the I-pipe tree. If the same configuration (minus the
usual forbidden options) does not compile, then there may be a problem
in the I-pipe tree.

Something to definitely disable for the time being is context tracking
(and so CONFIG_NOHZ_FULL).