[Xenomai] RTDM: Ethernet driver

Anders Blomdell anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Tue Apr 22 13:16:19 CEST 2014

On 04/22/2014 11:45 AM, yogesh garg wrote:
>   I want to write Ethernet (NIC) driver on Xenomai using RTDM. I don't want
> to use RTnet.
Why not?

RTnet does not imply that you have to use the RTnet protocol, it's
perfectly fine to use just the Ethernet drivers as you see fit
(that's what I do all the time).

By going your own way, realtime ethernet for Xenomai will be fragmented,
which will benefit nobody (except possibly WindRiver/Microsoft/...)
> Can someone suggest me any example code or useful links/docs
> which can help me to do so.

/Anders

Anders Blomdell                  Email: anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Department of Automatic Control
Lund University                  Phone:    +46 46 222 4625
P.O. Box 118
SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden