[Xenomai] RTDM rework (2)

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Tue Apr 29 17:39:20 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-25 14:00, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> On 04/25/2014 12:40 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:

>>> Hi Jan,
>>>
>>> ping?
>>>
>>> I have a pile of code needing to be rebased on these patches, I would
>>> very much like to get all this merged before it bitrots too much.
>>
>> Finally looking into them now. Do you happen to have them in git
>> somewhere? Or what was the revision they once applied to?
>
> Branch for-forge-rtdm-rework in xenomai-gch.git.

Thanks, worked through this now. I'm fine with the general approach. We
should prepare it for merge.

Some minor things I stumbled over while reading:

- rtdm_context_user_p (I personally still prefer something like
  "is_user") and rtdm_context_device (to_device?) are apparently public
  APIs and, thus, need documentation
- there are still things (arguments, functions etc.) called "context"
  that are of type rtdm_fd, thus should rather be called "fd", no?
- outdated documentation of rtdm_device
- diff highlighted quite a lot of trailing white spaces here
- API and struct versions should be increased to reflect the changes
  and allow drivers to wrap the difference if desired

BTW, some compat wrapping would be helpful, i.e. something to allow the
same driver sources to be used for both Xenomai 2.x and 3.x. Have you
already thought about any helpers/macros that could be provided by
Xenomai (for copying over into out-of-tree drivers)?

Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RTC ITP SES-DE