[Xenomai] Xenomai on Atmel SAMA5D3 with a 3.14 kernel

Maxime Ripard maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com
Tue Jun 10 10:19:40 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 07:52:13PM +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> On 06/06/2014 03:59 PM, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> > Hi Gilles,
> >
> > I've been experimenting these days with the i-pipe 3.14 kernel,
> > and current xenomai master branch on the Atmel SAMA5D3 SoC.
> >
> > There's a few issues there, the first one being that
> > at91_ipipe_early_init crashes because of a NULL pointer
> > dereference. This is due to the clk_get_rate call on the clock
> > returned by clk_get(NULL, "mck").
> >
> > This clk_get call cannot since 3.14 because the clock code has
> > been rewritten, and you can't use clkdev anymore.
>
> Well, it works on AT91. (RM9200 and SMA9263). What you are doing with
> SAMA5D3 here is actually a port to a new platform.

Not really. The SAMA5D3 is the latest evolution of the AT91, and the
only major difference is that it's now using a Cortex-A5, but it's
mostly the same.

The only major difference I can find is that like all the recent AT91
SoCs, it's using the common clock framework in Linux, while the 9200
and the 9263 are still using the old API.

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com