[Xenomai] Gdb freezes when stepping through rt_task_spawn.

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Thu Jun 12 22:51:19 CEST 2014

On 06/12/2014 07:58 PM, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> On 06/12/2014 03:38 PM, Marco Tessore wrote:
>> Thank you, I will try that commit.
>> But I have another question about it:
>> does the commit involve the patch to the kernel?
>> Since my kernel was patched using i-pipe git for the vanilla 3.10, but
>> applied to a customized version of 3.11,
>> if the commit involves the kernel patch, it can be difficult for me to
>> upgrade.
>
> If you kept the ipipe kernel separated from Xenomai kernel sources, the
> change is a change in xenomai sources, so the update should be painless.
> If you put the xenomai-patched kernel under source control, then it will
> be harder.

ENOSYS would rather be symptomatic of this bug which is ARM-specific:
http://git.xenomai.org/ipipe.git/commit/?h=ipipe-3.10&id=e410a5e77323d53277d625e5dafe166cdcd64afb

OTOH, the patch below fixes a spurious EINTR error within the task
creation syscall, which may well end up in a lockup:
http://git.xenomai.org/xenomai-2.6.git/commit/?id=589882956280d5cb4fdc181a5fcd5ae1188ab6ed

This is one of the situations where knowing the CPU architecture
involved would help a lot.