[Xenomai] I2C RTDM driver

Matthias Schneider ma30002000 at yahoo.de
Tue Jun 17 20:15:24 CEST 2014

Hi all,

in the spirit of

http://www.xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2006-November/006455.html

I would like to contribute my I2C RTDM driver to xenomai and ask for a review.
It is based on the Linux 3.14 i2c framework, porting the omap i2c driver (tested on
beaglebone black).

The following points mentioned in the above post have been addressed:

* usage of existing linux kernel structures when available
* combined address+request command

* ahead-of-time allocation via special IOCTL

The framework itself is contained in a single file "rti2c-dev.c", while modifications to
drivers when porting to rtdm should be minimal. A readme file is included in the patch as always,

thanks in advance for your comments,

Matthias Schneider