[Xenomai] Some Information About compilation Xenomai and RT Patches

Stoidner, Christoph c.stoidner at arvero.de
Fri Jun 20 11:02:46 CEST 2014

Hi Jean,

I have merged successfully I-Pipe/Xenomai and Preempt RT patch for Kernel V3.10.18. From my point of view it is working very well. The only part which was a bit of tricky to solve was the kernel's spinlock implementation. This is since I-Pipe as well as Preempt-RT are patching this part of code each with own implementations. As result it is required to replace Preempt RT's default spinlock calls with new wrappers. Within the wrappers you have to decide if Preempt RT's spinlock or I-Pipe's spinlock have to be used at this place.

My pending problem which I hope to solve soon is the fast context switch extension (FCSE) that allows better latency times on ARM9. In "guaranteed" mode it crashs when using addresses above 32MB.

If you are interested in more details feel free to ask.

Regards,
Christoph