[Xenomai] Some Information About compilation Xenomai and RT Patches

Stoidner, Christoph c.stoidner at arvero.de
Mon Jun 23 11:33:15 CEST 2014

Hi Gilles,

when a userspace application starts it calls the brk() syscall to enlarge it's heap space. In some cases the call leads to an NOMEM error in fcse_check_mmap_addr(). Since glibc does not handle NOMEM error at this place the a segfault exception appears.

It seems as this happens when brk() got an address above some limit, also when the process at all consumes less than 32MB RAM. E.g. busybox shell command "ls" is enough to get the segfault.

Regards,
Christoph