[Xenomai] Xenomai on Atmel SAMA5D3 with a 3.14 kernel

Maxime Ripard maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com
Mon Jun 23 16:05:59 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 09:01:25PM +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:

> On 06/12/2014 05:03 PM, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 10:37:11AM +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix
> > wrote:

> >> Then I would tend to think that the clocksource is not your
> >> problem and repeat that you should check everything else in the
> >> porting guide.
> >
> > Ok. I will.
> >
> Looking rapidly at the code, at least the irq controller and pic
> muting need fixing.

Ok, so, a bit of news on this one.

After fixing the irq controller to work on the AIC5, and disabling the
pic muting, I get almost 100% of the time a system freeze when running:
http://git.free-electrons.com/training-materials/tree/lab-data/realtime/rttest/data/rttest.c

The TCB timer is still ticking, at a rate around 1Hz, while, when the
system hangs, the PIT interrupt isn't firing anymore (which explains
the freeze). So there's probably something wrong related to the ipipe
I guess, or the interrupt being masked and not unmasked at some point.

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com