[Xenomai] a question about interrupt handling

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Mon Jun 30 12:34:27 CEST 2014

On 06/30/2014 12:06 PM, ali hagigat wrote:
> When an interrupt is serviced in Linux or root domain, it is regarded
> as a non real time interrupt and the pipe line stage of root domain is
> stalled, so if another real time interrupt happnes  at the same time,
> it will be logged for root domain and will be delayed, I mean there is
> an unpredictable interrupt lateny for real time interrupts.

The fact that we have a different log for rt and non-rt IRQs, for each
CPU, should be a strong hint that something is wrong with your analysis.
So no, rt IRQs don't go to the non-rt log, and the non-rt stage can't
delay the rt stage. That's pretty much the reason for implementing the
pipeline.

On a more general note, people usually don't spend years developing and
using a software, without noticing that such software does not address
the fundamental issue it is supposed to solve. We may be distracted from
time to time, but in this case, the syndrom would be severe and
pathological.