[Xenomai] Porting a library to Xenomai

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Fri Dec 11 13:44:01 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm working to make a library to work with Xenomai. It's a library that has a
thread and open a socket to communicate with an external device via network.

I have read the guide "Porting a Linux application to Xenomai dual kernel [1]"
but still I have some doubts in some details. So, here my topics without any
importance order:

- What is the recommended way to obtain the link, flags, etc information to
build an application that use Xenomai? xeno-config, pkg-config, some build
macros to find the information, ...

- I would like to have a code that could be used with an Standard POSIX or a
Xenomai. I thought that protecting my code with some #ifdef __XENO__ I could
choose which part is specific to Xenomai and which no. However, I'm a bit
confused, because then, I don't understand what is the utility of the wrap
script. Please, could you elaborate a bit more this part, especially focused
in an application the could use an standard network interface or rtnet
version.

- In the document, there's a section about the mlockall option. So, may I
understand that from xenomai <= 2.6.3 it's not needed that I call the mlockall
function?

Best regards,

Leopold
----
[1] https://xenomai.org/2014/08/porting-a-linux-application-to-xenomai-dual-kernel/
[2] http://letsmakerobots.com/node/28812#comment-86166
Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia