[Xenomai] CAN Loopback with Recieve own message

Narasimhaprasad Yedatore Achutha Narasimhaprasad_A at infosys.com
Sat Dec 12 14:42:01 CET 2015

Hello All

I have a question on RT-Socket not supporting Receive own message option(CAN_RAW_RECV_OWN_MSGS ) with MSG_CONFIRM flag not supported. I'm trying to understand, if we modify the kernel driver supporting  CAN_RAW_RECV_OWN_MSGS, so that we start receiving transmitted message back at the controller, how much an impact happens  on

-          Real time scheduling

-          Does CAN message missing  cases be frequent at high bus load for real time applications

-          Any other impact we need to consider?

Please let me know if anybody has any experience on this or any  experiments  to share?. Any thoughts or advice will be helpful

Thanks and Regards
Prasad

Infosys e-mail system.