[Xenomai] Question about synchronisation between xenomai task and linux task

ニャン星人 1173264124 at qq.com
Mon Dec 14 15:56:40 CET 2015

Hello, sorry to bother you. I have some questions about synchronisation. I am very eager for your help.

    I have read the source code file like rtipc.c, xddp.c, bufp.c, iddp.c, and pipe.c. Now I am wondering if there is a simple and effective way of synchronisation between xenomai task and linux task in user space and kernel space.

    I found most of synchronisation service introduced in Xenomai 3 Programmer’s Reference Manual could be only used in xenomai task, linux task can not use these synchronisation service. If I use linux synchronisation service like mutex in xenomai task, xenomai task would switch to secondary mode which would cost a lot of time. So I want to know how to synchronize xenomai task and linux task in user space.

    As I mentioned above, I have read the source code file like rtipc.c, xddp.c, bufp.c, iddp.c, I know lots of functions were realized in linux kernel modules as rtdm devices, both xenomai task and linux task could call these functions by rtdm interface. In kernel space, Synchronisation Services was used to synchronize between xenomai tasks, xnapc and wait_queue_head_t were used to synchronize between xenomai task and linux task. I am wondering if there is a simple to synchronize between xenomai task and linux task directly in kernel space.

    I'am a rookie of xenomai. It might be simple questions in your opinion. I would appreciate it if you could help.