[Xenomai] Porting a library to Xenomai

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Tue Dec 15 16:16:23 CET 2015

El Divendres, 11 de desembre de 2015, a les 17:31:14, Gilles Chanteperdrix va
escriure:
[...]

> The fact that wrapping may be a problem for large applications where
> you only want a small part of the application to use xenomai
> services is the reason why Xenomai 3.x gives you another choice: do
> not wrap xenomai services, but specify you want to use them with the
> __RT() macro.

 ... following this thread. There's a point that I'm still confused: the rtnet
part.

Since 2.6.4, rtnet was another project, that installed its includes (rtnet.h
and rtmac.h) in its own place. From 3.x rtnet is integrated.

Looking the rtnet.h file, there are declared some #define and some include
protected by __KERNEL__

My question is:

Using the POSIX wrapper, all the socket functions are wrap. But, how does it
affect the rtnet part of the code?

I mean, if I have a rtnet device, what is the difference of manually change all
the network functions with a -DRTNET protected Realtime versions functions or
use the wrap?

I understand that if I open a device that it's not rtnet, I lose the Realtime,
although I open the device with a POSIX wrapped function. That's correct?

Best regards,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia