[Xenomai] patch for RPI2

Joe Lee joelee271828 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 08:40:31 CET 2015

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 02:42 PM, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 07:12:26PM -0800, Mathieu Rondonneau wrote:

>>> This one is probably due to a misconfiguration, i.e. you enabled
>>> xenomai, but not a SOC or SOC family which provides an emulated tsc.
>>> A lot of the coded added by the patch is compiled conditionally, so
>>> the fact that a definition for a function is present in the patch
>>> does not necessarily mean that it will be present with your
>>> particular build configuration.
>>>
>> if you do use Xenomai-3.0, it could be that you are missing this part of
>> the patch?
>
> More likely, the SOC is not enabled in the kernel configuration.

>>> This one indicates a version of Xenomai not ready for Linux 3.18.
>>> Xenomai 2.6.4 for instance can not be compiled with anything more
>>> recent than Linux 3.14. You can use Xenomai 2.6 git if you want
>>> Linux 3.18 support, or if starting a new development, it probably
>>> makes more sense to jump to Xenomai 3.0 directly.
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>>
>> That is correct, the patch is only for Xenomai 3.0.
>
> No. The patch should also work with Xenomai 2.6, but you need
> Xenomai 2.6 git.

Hi Gilles,
The Xenomai 3.0.1 patched kernel is OK. But the Xenomai 2.6 patched
sometimes hang like this:
[7.407819] Xenomai: stuck on nucleus lock 808b14a0
[7.407819]    waiter = kernel/xenomai/nucleus/intr.c:114
(xnintr_clock_handler(), CPU #2)
[7.407819]    owner  = kernel/xenomai/nucleus/intr.c:114
(xnintr_clock_handler(), CPU #1)
Could you help me?

--
Joe Lee