[Xenomai] NVIDIA Drivers w/ Xenomai

Eric Huang ehuang at gatech.edu
Tue Dec 22 01:22:26 CET 2015

Hi,

The specific question I am trying to answer is whether it is possible (at
all) to install an NVIDIA driver alongside Xenomai

My system is the following.

uname -a
Linux robot-Z68X-UD3H-B3 3.2.21-xenomai-2.6.1 #1 SMP Thu Jul 26 11:46:23
EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

xeno-config --version
2.5.5.2

For more details, my application is a real-time controller which needs to
do image processing on a GPU. The image processing code executes at 500ms
on a CPU and 15ms on a GPU. The image frame rate is 30hz. The control loop
frequency is 500hz. The control loop is the only part which needs to be
hard RT.

If I can't install and run the NVIDIA driver at all on my system I will
look into a solution with a separate control and perception computer.

Thanks,
Eric