[Xenomai] Programming Xenomai+analogy

GianPiero Puccioni gianpiero.puccioni at isc.cnr.it
Tue Dec 22 15:28:48 CET 2015

Hi,

I am trying to use xenomai to accomplish a, I think, simple task, but I
have never used real time programs before so I have some problems.

What I need is to use a  National Instruments PCI-MIO-16E-4 AD/DA to
read data from the AD, do some simple operations on it, and output the
result on the DA at the fastest possible frequency, with as little jitter
as possible.

I set up a machine for this with Xenomai3 (cobalt) and everything seems to work.
I can run "latency" with max latency around 3-4 us. the analogy
libraries are installed, the board is recognized and the test programs
are able to read and write to it.

The problem is how to write a realtime program for this task. Is there
  documentation at the basic level on howto do that or some place where I
can find examples for similar programs?

Thanks,

GianPiero
--
GianPiero Puccioni               |Istituto dei Sistemi Complessi-CNR
gianpiero.puccioni at isc.cnr.it    |Via Madonna del Piano, 10