[Xenomai] Mixing Posix RT APIs and vxWorks APIs

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Tue Apr 5 09:02:32 CEST 2016

On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 01:42:11PM +0000, Alex Plits wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are currently porting some of our vxWorks  xenomai (copperplate) APIs we use in our application to
> Posix (cobalt I guess).

Well, if you do not know whether you are using Cobalt or Mercury, we
can not know it for you...

> We have started with the VxWorks "tasks" but it seems that we're getting strange behavior on
> The remaining VxWorks APIs when used from the POSIX generated tasks (threads is the right word in posix) e.g. MsqQRecv function gets segfault but when it is used From a VxWorks generated task it works fine.
> I understand from the comments in code it should work but I was wondering if there are known issues.
>
> We are using currently xenomai 3 rc-6 (I saw there were fixes in xenomai 3.0.2).

Could you send a self-contained, simplest possible test case which
causes the problem for you, that we can test on the latest Xenomai
release to see if the problem has not been already fixed?

Regards.

https://click-hack.org