[Xenomai] Mixing Posix RT APIs and vxWorks APIs

Alex Plits alex_plits at radwin.com
Thu Apr 7 07:56:35 CEST 2016

[Alex Plits]
Cobalt :)

> > We have started with the VxWorks "tasks" but it seems that we're
> > getting strange behavior on The remaining VxWorks APIs when used from
> the POSIX generated tasks (threads is the right word in posix) e.g. MsqQRecv
> function gets segfault but when it is used From a VxWorks generated task it
> works fine.
> > I understand from the comments in code it should work but I was
> wondering if there are known issues.
> >
> > We are using currently xenomai 3 rc-6 (I saw there were fixes in xenomai
> 3.0.2).
>
> Could you send a self-contained, simplest possible test case which causes the
> problem for you, that we can test on the latest Xenomai release to see if the
> problem has not been already fixed?

[Alex Plits]
Attached code that is ripped from xenomai examples and initiates 2 threads using posix api then uses VxWorks MsgQ to communicate.
Please advise if this code works as expected -  it seems that when we use WAIT_FOREVER flag we have an issue.

Sorry in advance for the #ifdef's and comments in code -
Thanks,
Alex Plits.