[Xenomai] i-pipe patched 4.1.18 fails to boot on BeagleBoard-x15 (AM5728 processor)

Charles Kiorpes ckiorpes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 20:04:16 CEST 2016

Hello,

I have been trying to bring up a Rev A2 BeagleBoard-x15 with i-pipe, in
order to test Xenomai co-kernel functionality on this board.

I have verified that the kernel configuration settings that I'm using
create a bootable mainline 4.1.18 kernel.

Once I patch the 4.1.18 kernel with ipipe-core-4.1.18-arm-4.patch, and make
the same configuration changes, I am unable to boot the resulting kernel.

I have attached my kernel config and the kernel output from a failed boot.

The first major error (aside from some lock debug printouts) occurs at
2.141340, when the kernel attempts to dereference a NULL pointer.
It appears that the problem is related to the PALMAS driver, but I am not
well-versed in kernel development and don't know how to proceed.

What steps can I take to better debug and eventually correct the problem?

Thank you,
Charles Kiorpes