[Xenomai] i-pipe patched 4.1.18 fails to boot on BeagleBoard-x15 (AM5728 processor)

Charles Kiorpes ckiorpes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 22:09:28 CEST 2016

I am using am57xx-beagle-x15.dts/dtb, as included in the mainline 4.1.18
source (not the ti-linux-kernel, just linux-stable).

The board I am using reports itself to u-boot as the TI AM572x GP EVM,
which I understood to simply be a change in the eeprom, and should be
compatible with the beagle-x15 device tree (EVM device tree merely adds the
expansion board functionality, which I don't need).

I noticed the discrepancy with the naming as well.  I did see the correct
printout for "Machine model: TI AM5728 BeagleBoard-X15", but all of the
failure printouts show "Hardware name: Generic DRA74X (Flattened Device
Tree)".

I hope that the case is not that an entire interrupt controller's code
needs to be made ipipe-ready, because that is pretty far out of my league.
However, I will look further into the tps659038.

I removed the palmas driver in stages (piece by piece across several kernel
builds and test boots), and still wound up with a null dereference, even
when the driver was completely removed from the kernel config.

For your successful Xenomai 2.6.4 run on the 3.14 kernel, were you using
the ti-linux-kernel, or mainline?  I would be perfectly content to test on
Xenomai 2.6.4 for the short term, so it would be great to just get a kernel
running, even with limited peripheral support.

Thanks for your help,
Charles