[Xenomai] Kernel ipipe patch

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Sat Apr 16 08:18:41 CEST 2016

On 04/16/2016 12:28 AM, Brandon Enochs wrote:
> Can anyone tell me which distributions are comparible with Xenomai?  It
> seems that the kernel ipipe patch doesn't support any of the LTS
> distributions like RHEL (3.10) or Ubuntu (3.14).

Xenomai can run on any distribution provided the interrupt pipeline is
available from the kernel. The I-pipe development tracks the mainline
kernel only, for which we do have support for 3.10 and 3.14 releases.

 From time to time we may track vendor kernels temporarily to provide
early support for some embedded hardware (ARM SBC/SOM usually), but only
for a limited time until the vendor code for that target gets merged
into mainline eventually. We never maintain distro-specific development
trees though.

If you need to run Xenomai over any distro, you need to adapt the I-pipe
to your target kernel, or just switch to a mainline kernel for running
your distro, assuming the platform does not depend on vendor-specific
drivers.