[Xenomai] kernel 3.12

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Apr 25 16:36:44 CEST 2016

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 10:21:50AM +0300, Ran Shalit wrote:
> We intend to use ipipe with zynq (we already have 3.12.0 kernel used with zynq).
> Do you think the patch should be relevant for zynq ?
> I see that xilinx have their own patch , but it is for older kernel 2.6.3
> http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Xenomai+for+Zynq#Xenomai for Zynq-7000 AP
> SoC Linux--Patch

You can give it a try.  The zynq does have a Cortex-A9 as far as I recall,
so it ought to work.  Doesn't mean there aren't other bits that need
fixing in the zynq specific code.  But maybe there isn't.

Just remember it was never an officially supported kernel version.
It worked for us, it was given a once over by a proper xenomai developer
who did not seem to think it was wrong, but if it doesn't work I wouldn't
expect the xenomai developers to be excited to help fix it.

> I also see that in git there is ipipe for 3.12.0
> http://git.xenomai.org/ipipe-gch.git/log/?h=raw/for-ipipe-3.12.0
> But again I am unsure if it is relevant for zynq too.

Well that was a work in progress I believe and never officially released
as far as I recall.  I started from that one, but the one I posted is
actually based on the 3.14 patch and backported as far as I recall.
It has been a while since we moved to 3.14.

--
Len Sorensen