[Xenomai] kernel 3.12

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:38:45 CEST 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Lennart Sorensen
<lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 10:21:50AM +0300, Ran Shalit wrote:
>> We intend to use ipipe with zynq (we already have 3.12.0 kernel used with zynq).
>> Do you think the patch should be relevant for zynq ?
>> I see that xilinx have their own patch , but it is for older kernel 2.6.3
>> http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Xenomai+for+Zynq#Xenomai for Zynq-7000 AP
>> SoC Linux--Patch
>
> You can give it a try.  The zynq does have a Cortex-A9 as far as I recall,
> so it ought to work.  Doesn't mean there aren't other bits that need
> fixing in the zynq specific code.  But maybe there isn't.
>
> Just remember it was never an officially supported kernel version.
> It worked for us, it was given a once over by a proper xenomai developer
> who did not seem to think it was wrong, but if it doesn't work I wouldn't
> expect the xenomai developers to be excited to help fix it.
>
>> I also see that in git there is ipipe for 3.12.0
>> http://git.xenomai.org/ipipe-gch.git/log/?h=raw/for-ipipe-3.12.0
>> But again I am unsure if it is relevant for zynq too.
>
> Well that was a work in progress I believe and never officially released
> as far as I recall.  I started from that one, but the one I posted is
> actually based on the 3.14 patch and backported as far as I recall.
> It has been a while since we moved to 3.14.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

Hi Len,

We've first tried to apply the patch for 3.12.0 but there were too many errors,
so we eventually used
http://git.xenomai.org/ipipe-gch.git/log/?h=raw/for-ipipe-3.12.0
latest commit.
I hope the ipipe should work without any issues wuth this tree.
Is there a way to check if ipipe is OK with our version based on this commit ?

Regards,
Ran