[Xenomai] kernel 3.12

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Apr 25 22:09:32 CEST 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 11:01:40PM +0300, Ran Shalit wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:50 PM, Gilles Chanteperdrix
> <gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 07:38:45PM +0300, Ran Shalit wrote:

Actually that is xenomai 2.6.3 with 3.8 kernel patches.  2.6.4 is the
latest xenomai 2, while current xenomai is now 3.x (which we have not
yet moved to but really should at some point).

The fact it needs pre and post patches for zynq makes me suspect it
might involve a bit more work, but maybe I am wrong.  I have never had
to deal with pre and post patches.

> >> Hi Len,
> >>
> >> We've first tried to apply the patch for 3.12.0 but there were too many errors,
> >> so we eventually used
> >> http://git.xenomai.org/ipipe-gch.git/log/?h=raw/for-ipipe-3.12.0
> >> latest commit.
> >> I hope the ipipe should work without any issues wuth this tree.
> >> Is there a way to check if ipipe is OK with our version based on this commit ?
> >
> > Bad idea, this branch corresponds to some intermediate state. I
> > removed it.
> >
> > --
> >                                             Gilles.
>
> Hi Gilles,
>
> Is there any better way to apply ipipe on 3.12.0 ?

Well as I said, I backported the 3.14 patch to 3.12 when we used 3.12,
which wasn't too hard.  That's what my patch for 3.12 was.

Unfortunately 3.12 was never a supported kernel for xenomai.

--
Len Sorensen