[Xenomai] rtdm_socket() error -97 for sending UDP or RAW packets

Umair Ali ali.umair at tut.fi
Fri Apr 29 15:45:53 CEST 2016

Hello there,

I am working to make a module which will uses the Rtnet module to send the UDP or RAW pakets. My aim is to use the interface 'rteth0' in kernel space same like in userspace. Therefore I think I should create the socket and then using the created socket link the interface rteth0 with it. But when I use the function 'rtdm_socket(PF_INET, SOCK_RAW,0)' or 'rtdm_socket(PF_PACKET, SOCK_RAW,0)' or 'rtdm_socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM,0)' or anything with available options i.e also with sock_stream. I got the error -97. Which I have looked in google means the family of protocol is not supported. Please tell me if it is possible to send the UDP packets from the kernel space using interface rteth0 and socket or not. Can u guide me how I can solve the error -97. Thanks in advance

Regards
Ali