[Xenomai] memory allocation performance in kernel ipipe

Stéphane Ancelot sancelot at numalliance.com
Thu Dec 8 08:28:02 CET 2016

Le 07/12/2016 à 17:16, Philippe Gerum a écrit :
> On 12/07/2016 03:15 PM, Stéphane Ancelot wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed very bad memory allocation performance on some of my graphic
>> programs (standard linux applications).
>>
>> If you run any classic program, you won't sea any difference, but it has
>> been visible in the following context :
>>
>> I have an application that allocates thousends of graphic widgets,
>> label, input fields  at startup (a data editor) .
>>
>> Using the standard kernel, the applications starts very quickly. But
>> once the ipipe patch is applied to kernel, this application makes lot of
>> seconds before appearing.
>>
>> I am using a 3.18 kernel.
>>
> Is there any question?

Euhhh ... yes,  it sounds this problem comes from ipipe modifications,
But I have not managed to find the reason ???
Is it a bug , a regression , a kernel routine where the problem is
amplified once the patch is applied ?

I remember I have not had this problem with previous kernel releases
(3.16.x) . I will check again with previous configurations, in order to
find a way of comparison.

Regards,
S.Ancelot