[Xenomai] hrtimer negative next event

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Mon Dec 12 17:00:16 CET 2016

On 05/20/2015 11:53 AM, Marco Baracchi wrote:
> We are using kernel *linux 3.0.35*, branch *imx_3.0.35_4.1.0* with
> patches *adeos-xenomai
> 2.6.4* for *mxc* on a freescale imx6 single core and we have  a problem
> with hrtimer: sometimes after a couple of hour our periodic task inside
> Xenomai blocks. checking inside /proc path we  found:

Your kernel+xenomai combo is severely outdated, many issues fixed in
later I-pipe and Xenomai releases are present in your code base - not to
speak of Freescale's 3.0.35 imx vendor kernel itself. For the issue at
hand, I would at the very least backport this fix to the pipeline:

https://git.xenomai.org/ipipe.git/commit/?h=ipipe-3.14&id=9a54331043f450636613e9edb2a5a41fe424c6ff

Alternatively, you may want to disable NO_HZ_IDLE and see if this has a
positive impact on the stability of the system.