[Xenomai] Reg:xenomai 3 rtdm_sem_down behaviour

Sureshvs sureshvs at datapatterns.co.in
Fri Dec 16 13:55:40 CET 2016

Hi
ARCH=powerPC
Processor: MPC8641
Linux Kernel : 3.10.32
Xenomai  version: 3.0.3
ipipe :ipipe-core-3.10.32-powerpc-9.patch
Installatio: Cobalt

We are using rtdm synchronisation service(semaphore) in our driver module for synchronizing the interrupt event from driver with userspace ioctl call.

 rtdm_sem_down is  unblocking.(i.e)very first time without posting the rtdm_sem_up event.(we have not enabled the interrupt)

subsequent rtdm_sem_down is blocking and unblocking on every rtdm_sem_up events.

RTDM_WAIT:
similarly rtdm_wait call is unblocking very first time.

Kindly provide the suggestion and solution as soon as possible.

Regards
Suresh

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message. Also, email is susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.
*********** End of Disclaimer ***********DataPatterns ITS Group**********