[Xenomai] System hang when doing several rtdm_task_init() calling

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Mon Dec 19 18:20:01 CET 2016

On 12/19/2016 03:04 PM, Sebastien Schneider wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am facing issues with the rtdm_task_init() function when trying to
> developp a xenomai real-time base driver.
> I firstly call the rtdm_task_init() method for a non periodic task with the
> lowest priority. This lowest priority task infinitly executes code which
> first consists on a rtdm_task_sleep() for a predefined amount of time,
> before other various operations.
> Then, I secondly call the rtdm_task_init() method for an another non
> periodic task with the highest priority. And what happens after compiling
> the code and trying to insert the obtained module, is that the system seems
> to hang.
>
> Has anyone some idea that can help me ?

Runaway thread #2, maybe never blocking unlike you would expect it to?
Enabling the watchdog is recommended when developing Xenomai apps
(CONFIG_XENO_OPT_WATCHDOG); it would trap when a rt thread runs away,
suspending it with a warning message sent to the kernel log.

Sharing the driver code in question would help. Such issue basically
depends on what your code is exactly doing.