[Xenomai] __COBALT_SYSCALL_BIT

Julien Stephan julien.stephan at smile.fr
Wed Dec 21 09:33:58 CET 2016

On 20/12/2016 15:36, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 01:36:44PM +0100, Julien Stephan wrote:
>> I'm porting Xenomai on the MPPA processor of Kalray. The problem is that
>> their Linux port is quite new and is not yet publicly available ...
> Well that would easily be fixed if someone with the GPL code decided to
> share it.  The license clearly says you can and that no other restrictions
> are allowed to be impossed on the code.
Excuse me for my poor english: "not yet" may be confusing... I meant
"not currently"
> I had never heard of this one before, although looking at their website,
> I don't have much hope.  I don't think we need another architecture, which
> means yet another architecture to support in the kernel, glibc, gcc, not
> to mention all the stupid runtimes that need architecture specific code
> (hard enough to get those to support existing popular architectures).
> And when I see VLIW for a general purpose CPU, I can only think "doomed".
> It never worked before, and I don't believe it ever will.  But maybe
> they don't actually mean VLIW in the traditional sense.  Or maybe it is
> just intel that can't make it work.
>
> The design looks an awful lot like the tilera tile chips, which are also
> lots of cores in a big mesh with lots of fast IO and VLIW.  Not sure
> they have had much success yet.
>
> Well we will see what happens.

Well, thank you for your poor answer, but if you cannot help me, just
don't.

So my question was completely architecture independent. I wanted to know
if changing the __COBALT_SYSCALL_BIT from  0x10000000 to 0x700 was safe.
I mean, maybe some part of xenomai code really need it at 0x10000000.

So anyone that know xenomai better than me can answer it?

Thank you in advance
Julien
--

Logo <http://www.smile.fr/>

14 rue Génissieu
38000 GRENOBLE
www.smile.fr <http://www.smile.fr/>
*Julien STEPHAN*
Ingénieur étude et développement
Email : julien.stephan at smile.fr <mailto:julien.stephan at smile.fr>
Tel : +33 (0)4.58.00.19.59

bandeaux_mail
<http://www.smile.fr/Ressources/Livres-blancs/Ingenierie/Linux-pour-l-embarque?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>

eco Pour la planète, n'imprimez ce mail que si c'est nécessaire