[Xenomai] Debian packages for Xenomai 3.x

Henning Schild henning.schild at siemens.com
Thu Dec 7 11:29:38 CET 2017

Am Mon, 4 Dec 2017 12:53:58 +0100
schrieb "[ext] Henning Schild" <henning.schild at siemens.com>:

> Am Mon, 4 Dec 2017 11:34:16 +0100
> schrieb Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo at alaxarxa.net>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 01/12/17 16:13, Henning Schild wrote:

> > > Publishing them to Debian would be the ideal case.
> >
> > Ok, so first go for it ;-)
>
> Well good luck ;). Please make sure to add this list to CC. Even if
> you fail the feedback might be valueable to improve what we have in
> tree.
> > But how about you
> > > send those patches to this list? After all we have the
> > > debian-subdir and people are using it!
> >
> > Who? I think that current debian directory doesn't work for Xenomai
> > 3. Did you try?
>
> Yes i am using it. They might not be ideal but i also did not have any
> problems with the packages.
>
> > I'm from the opinion that the debian directory, to generate debian
> > packages doesn't belongs to upstream. But, I'm open to send any
> > patch. Just I would like to know if there are some critical mass.
>
> We had that discussion before. I think there are quite a few people
> that install xenomai with debian-packages. And as long as upstream
> (Debian) does not maintain that folder, it makes some sense to keep it
> in the sources. Otherwise we would need another repo just for that,
> and establish a lock-step mechanism like submodules.
> If we do not get upstream Debian to take care of them, i would suggest
> to simplify the whole thing. i.e. maybe just throw all in one package.
>
> > > I am using it and i was wondering about the names, but never had a
> > > big enough issue to actually review what is going on in there.
> > > So please prepare a patchq and send it here.
> >
> > Are you using it with Xenomai3?
>
> Yes both on Ubuntu 16.04 as well as Debian9.

Sorry you are right. My scripts actually have one line that does make a
difference. And that line needs to go into debin/rules

"[ ! -x configure ] && dh_autoreconf"

Meaning, if you call autoreconf before dpkg-build... the debian-folder
will do its job.

I might send a patch, but if you are going to rework the folder that
might not make any sense.

Henning