[Xenomai] Compilation flags to chose mercury API over cobalt

Giulio Moro g.moro at qmul.ac.uk
Mon Dec 18 10:55:59 CET 2017

Passing the options returned by `xeno-config --skin=posix --ldflags` to the linker will automatically "wrap" the calls to most `posix_` functions (full list at /usr/xenomai/lib/posix.wrappers). When a function (e.g.: pthread_create() ) is "wrapped", then all the calls to `pthread_create()` will be replaced by calls to __wrap_pthread_create(). The wrapped version is implemented by xenomai. If you want to call the corresponding Linux service you can call the equivalent `__real_` function. So in order to create a Linux thread you can call `__real_pthread_create()` in your code.
Note: you may have to declare the __real_ function(s) yourself, using the appropriate function signature.

Giulio