[Xenomai] Weird behavior during debug

Lange Norbert norbert.lange at andritz.com
Wed Dec 20 18:49:07 CET 2017

I applies cleanly on the wip/rtnet branch, so I did test it and indeed it fixes the issue.

 >What happens in stable (and also in older versions) is that all Xenomai
 >timers in the system are stopped once one Xenomai application enters a
 >ptrace state. That is going to vanish in the next version, and we may
 >consider taking it to stable as well. What do you think, Philippe?

I don't know the direction where you want to go with the cobalt functionality,
this change is IMHO badly needed as digging into one process should never affect others.
However, there still is a difference to Linux behavior, namely that a periodic timerfd will read the
count of expired events after continuing. The cobalt implementation will just forget about them.

I suppose this hackaround is necessary so one-shot events aren`t dropped?

                /* Hide overruns due to the most recent ptracing session. */
                if (xnthread_test_localinfo(waiter, XNHICCUP))
                        return 0;

Norbert

 >Jan

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of the intended recipients. They may contain privileged and/or confidential information or other information protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system.

ANDRITZ HYDRO GmbH

Rechtsform/ Legal form: Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung / Corporation

Firmensitz/ Registered seat: Wien

Firmenbuchgericht/ Court of registry: Handelsgericht Wien

Firmenbuchnummer/ Company registration: FN 61833 g

DVR: 0605077

UID-Nr.: ATU14756806

Thank You