[Xenomai] Switching between cobalt & mercury

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 14:49:22 CET 2017

Hello,

I am trying to evaluate  mercury and cobalt kernels from same version
of kernel source code.
I am using the documentation in
https://xenomai.org/installing-xenomai-3-x/
I am trying to see how simply it is to switch between the cores and
test each of them.
(without repeating the steps for each core using duplicated source folder)

1. I have applied the prepare-kernel script, can I now just add RT
PREEMPT in order to use mercury kernel , or must I also disable all
Xenomai configuration and build again ? Is it possible to use kernel
which support both RT PRREMPT and Xenomai ?

2. I also assume that I will also need to install the correct build of
the Xenomai library (there is a build for mercury and another one for
cobalt).

Best Regards,
Ran