[Xenomai] arm64 support

Jerry Huang jerry.huang at nxp.com
Tue Feb 7 12:01:01 CET 2017

> >> All arm64 patches present in the DL area are broken, some critical
> >> changes are missing due to a bug in some obscure code extraction
> >> script for this architecture, do not use them.
> >>
> >> Please pull the code from the I-pipe git tree instead (branch ipipe-4.1.y).
> > I clone the ipipe repos (git://git.xenomai.org/ipipe.git) and checkout to
> branch origin/ipipe-4.1.y.
> > And using the script ./scripts/ipipe/genpatches.sh to generate the
> > patch "ipipe-core-4.1.18-arm64-6.patch",
> > Then applied it to my kernel Linux-4.1.35 with a litter modification (about
> file kernel/trace/ring_buffer.c).
> > After building the kernel and booting my board, then I got the kernel panic
> as the result of patch (ipipe-core-4.1.18-arm64-6.patch) from websit
> (http://xenomai.org/downloads/ipipe/).
> > Any comment for this issue?
>
> That script is precisely the one that fails pulling the changes required to fixup
> the gic(-v3) driver for dealing with interrupt pipelining, so this is going to fail
> the same way. The panic message in your kernel log is a manifestation of this.
>
> You should just use the ipipe.git tree contents unmodified which is correct,
> because genpatches.sh is currently broken for extracting patches for arm64.
>
> --
> Philippe.
Thanks a lot.
I used ipipe.git tree and pull all patches for arm and arm64 from branch ipipe-4.1.y and applied all these patches to Linux kernel, and built the kernel.
Then, I boot up the Linux kernel (Linux-4.1.35) successfully.
However, when I compile the Xenomai3 lib with command " make install ", I encountered another issue during compiling:
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/huangcm/xenomai-3/lib/cobalt'
  CC       libcobalt_la-assert_context.lo
assert_context.c:27:33: fatal error: asm/xenomai/syscall.h: No such file or directory

I enter "./include" directory, I don't find this file. How to do this issue?

below is my steps (on my native ls1043a board):
1> clone  git://git.xenomai.org/xenomai-3.git and checkout to branch "next"
2> ./scripts/bootstrap --with-core=cobalt -enable-debug=partial
3> ./configure CFLAGS="-march=armv8-a" LDFLAGS="-march=armv8-a" --with-core=cobalt --enable-smp
4> sudo make install