[Xenomai] kernel hangs when accessing /proc/xenomai/sched/stat

thierry bultel tbultel at pixelsurmer.com
Thu Feb 9 09:47:16 CET 2017

Le 08/02/2017 à 18:36, thierry bultel a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> After some months away from the world of realtime applications, I am
> back on a project on which I want to use xenomai3 with cobalt.
>
> The CPU is a IMX6solo
>
> The linux kernel is the latest git://git.xenomai.org/ipipe.git, branch
> ipipe-4.4.y
>
> The issue I have is reproducible on both xenomai-3 branches master & next
>
> I simply do
>
> #cat /proc/xenomai/sched/stat
>
> and this hangs the system.

I had the opportunity to test on an IMX6Q
The kernel hang does not happen, regardless of CONFIG_SMP=y or not

However, the IMX6solo does not boot if CONFIG_SMP is not set,
and this, even without CONFIG_IPIPE.
It does boot with the vanilla 4.4.43, though, meaning that the bug is
likely in the ipipe patch.