[Xenomai] Is that possible to use xenomai in multi user environment without root permission?

Lowell Gilbert kludge at be-well.ilk.org
Tue Feb 21 20:00:54 CET 2017

Cong Monkey <congzhangzh at gmail.com> writes:

> I have a center server shared by multi user which is assigned sudo
> permission for special cmd when needed.
>
> Is that possible to allow the user to run any self develop rt base
> application(the user will not attack server by this way) without root
> permission?

Not really. Xenomai involves, among other things, making changes to the
kernel. Your user will definitely want to run his real-time application
on a system that isn't being used for anything else. The best way for
him to do that will depend entirely on what his project is.

He can *build* his Xenomai kernel and application without any special
privileges, and might save a lot of time doing so if your server is very
fast.