[Xenomai] Deadline Task Scheduling

Philippe Gerum rpm at xenomai.org
Fri Jan 6 12:48:48 CET 2017

On 01/06/2017 12:37 PM, Mobin Motallebizadeh wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 12:26 PM, Mobin Motallebizadeh <
> mobin.motallebizadeh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Is ‘Deadline Task Scheduling’ (explained here: https://www.kernel.org/doc/
>> Documentation/scheduler/sched-deadline.txt)
>>
>> supported in cobalt core?
>>
>> I want a simple procedure to manage periodic tasks with hard deadlines.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
> Hi and Happy New Year!
> wish you all a good year and hope you have enjoyed
>  holidays.

Thanks, best wishes too.

> I think according to this:
> (
> http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-3/html/xeno3prm/group__cobalt__api__sched.html#ga14f50e1f5d815c90f1f4225eca5d3a8c
> )
> "policy : scheduling policy, one of SCHED_FIFO, SCHED_RR, or SCHED_OTHER;"
>
> the answer to my question was No.

The reference doc would rather be:
http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-3/html/xeno3prm/group__cobalt__api__sched.html#ga405020019f5df8c7e74d30fd457384ed

which states "SCHED_WEAK, SCHED_FIFO, SCHED_COBALT, SCHED_RR,
SCHED_SPORADIC, SCHED_TP, SCHED_QUOTA or SCHED_NORMAL". But the answer
is still no though.