[Xenomai] Xenomai 3 with kernel 4.1 for Beaglebone (with GPIO and PWM drivers)

Øyvind Netland oyvind at netland.name
Sat Jan 7 10:02:03 CET 2017

Thanks for that info, for some reason I haven't noticed that... Strange..
Might be because I have mostly used the bb-kernel repository, not looked as
closely at the ti-linux-kernel-dev repository....

Just tested RobertCNelsons 4.4 xenomai kernel and it seems to work fine. So
I guess both solutions works.

A slight difference was that with the 4.1 kernel /proc/xenomai/latency
returned 6041, while 4.4 returned 6499. Dont know if that really is a
practical difference...

However, the GPIO and PWM RTDM drivers are currently only available for the
4.1 version. I will see if I can get those to work on the 4.4 at some
point, but might take some time to get around to that...

I tried to install a xeno_gpio module that came with the 4.4 kernel, but
that did not work (a lot of RTDM related "unknown symbol").

Best Regards
Øyvind Netland